- Everyone gets one mulligan per session, when they can take back something they’ve just done.
- We use the Paizo critical hit and critical fumble decks.
- We use the hero point system from the Advanced Player’s Guide. The Cheat Death use of hero points will generally be represented by having breath of life (CL 9) target the PC’s corpse at the end of the round.
- No cell phones/games/knitting/other distractions.
- Flat tablets/smart phones are okay, but only for looking up game rules. No laptops, please.
- Whoever does the game write-up for the session gets to assign one hero point to the character of his/her choice. Dale will wait at least forty-eight hours after the game ends before posting so that players have a chance to write it up first.
- If you say it then your character is assumed to have said it. If you want to make it clear that you are speaking out of character then touch your thumb to your temple while you speak.
- When your character gains a level, please take care of that before coming to the game. If you haven’t then just play at your old level instead of everyone else having to wait while you advance your character. Once you walk in the door, that’s your level for the evening.
- This campaign uses the allegiances rules instead of alignment rules. Spellcasters with domains receive allegiances to those domains as bonus allegiances. Divine spellcasters may not have more than one allegiance unrelated to their deity.
- Everyone must have a character sheet on paper, not on a device.
- Experience and level advancement will be calculated using the D&D 3.5 system.
- We use the Peg Legs & Eye Patches optional rules from the Skull & Shackles Player’s Guide.
- If your class says that you have a particular piece of equipment when you take your first level in that class (such as a wizard having a spellbook) then that needs to be played out. The more notice you give before you level, the more time there will be to make this happen.
- Summoning spells only work if the player casting the spell has the summoned creature’s stat block(s) prepared and at the table at the time the spell resolves. Please have your own copy of the stat block rather than waiting your turn with someone else’s sourcebook.
- We ignore the weight of whatever coin is being carried when calculating encumbrance.