Belt given to Oknarok by his hero, Dronar, several years ago. It is of elvish make and is silver embossed with intricate elvish designs. When first worn by a new user, it is just a nicely fitting ornamental belt. Upon speaking the activation words, “speed of the hare” in elvish, it becomes a +2 Belt of Incredible Dexterity until worn by someone else. The activation words are written in silver on the inside of the belt, also in elvish.
Aura strong abjuration, illusion, and transmutation; CL 20;
Slot belt; Weight 1 lb
This belt can give bonuses in one of three themes: poison, dexterity, and disguise. Each of these bonuses is available in three stages. Selecting a different theme for the belt to benefit removes any bonuses in another theme. Any time a new ability is activated the caster level for that ability is set at the wearer’s current hit dice.
The first stage of each theme is activated by speaking a code phrase in Elvish:
- “Sting of the bee”: The wearer of the belt gains poison use.
- “Speed of the hare”: The wearer of the belt receives a +2 enhancement bonus to Dexterity, as a belt of incredible Dexterity.
- “Beauty of the butterfly”: The wearer can use disguise self once per day as a spell-like ability.
Speaking one of these phrases deactivates all of the belt’s other themes and grants the appropriate ability.
The second stage of each theme can only be activated when the first stage is already active, and requires a specific action to be repeated each day for two weeks. If the theme is deactivated then the activation sequence must begin anew. The processes for activating the second stage abilities are:
- the user draws his own blood while under the effects of a poison then rubs that blood into the belt while it’s still fresh: +4 resistance bonus to saving throws against poison
- take Dexterity damage: The enhancement bonus to Dexterity increases to +4.
- put on the belt in a different form: The wearer can use alter self once per day as a spell-like ability.
The third stage of each theme can only be activated when the second stage is already active, and requires the wearer of the belt to make a sacrifice on an altar. After the sacrifice has been made, any time that theme is reactivated by that user it will always have all three benefits, until someone else activates the belt. The required sacrifices are:
- sacrifice a creature immune to poison: The user gains poison immunity.
- sacrifice a creature with at least Dex 16: The enhancement bonus to Dexterity increases to +6.
- sacrifice a creature with the shapechanger subtype: The wearer can use polymorph (self only) once per day as a spell-like ability.
Dronar’s belt was claimed by Captain Plugg after the hobgoblins were captured. Oknarok reclaimed the belt after Plugg’s death.